(509) 248-7715 Fax: (509) 453-4319
8.00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Cardiac rehabilitation (rehab) is a medically supervised program that helps improve the health and quality of life of people who have heart problems through exercise, education, and understanding.
Cardiac rehabilitation involves a long term commitment from the patient and a team of health care providers. Our team includes doctors (such as your primary care doctor, your surgeon, and a cardiologist who will monitor your plan and progress), specially trained cardiac rehab nurses, and dietitians or nutritionists. This team also includes a care coordinator who will track your care and navigate insurance concerns. Learn more about Memorial’s cardiac rehabilitation »
Cardiac rehab can help you:
- Recover after a heart attack or heart surgery
- Prevent future heart problems
- Address risk factors that lead to coronary heart disease and other heart problems—including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, diabetes, smoking, lack of physical activity, and depression
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle—including a heart healthy diet, physical activity, and managing stress
- Improve your health and quality of life
Educational classes are offered at no charge to the general public, at 9 & 11 am and 3 pm, on various days each month. Memorial's Cardiac Rehabilitation & Wellness Center, 406 South 30th Ave, Yakima - 2nd Floor.